O'ahu Position Opening
Regional Distribution & Sales Representative
Aloha e kakou! Hawaiian Ola is filling a new sales position on O'ahu! We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking team player who resonates with the brand and is looking to forward their career in the food and beverage marketplace.
Hawaiian Ola is on the hunt for O'ahu's best Distribution/Sales Representatives to share our enthusiasm and spread the word about our current and new products! The open position requires a high level of customer interaction and outstanding communication skills. The perfect candidate will be outgoing, hardworking, and personable with the desire and genuine interest to make an impact on local food movements in Hawaii through sales and distribution of local products.
About The Job
The Distribution and Sales Representative will work with the supervision of the Hawaiian Ola executive team. The new team member will be responsible for selling and distributing products to all accounts. Team member will work closely with Hawaiian Ola's Director of Sales and Marketing Manager to achieve goals. Our expectation is that this new team member will take ownership in growing the Hawaiian Ola brand on O'ahu to its fullest potential through creative sales and distribution tactics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Direct sales and distribution for existing and new accounts
Effective communication with customers, employees, and other individuals to: answer questions, disseminate and explain information, and take purchase orders
Track inventory at O'ahu warehouse
Launch new products in existing accounts
Maintain active communication with team through email, text and phone
Perform duties efficiently as assigned
New store acquisitions
Be an eager and effective team player!
Occasionally participate in local marketing initiatives
New team player will be exposed to a variety of working environments including an indoor working environment as well as working outdoors.
A large percentage of the position will be driving on highways and other roadways. In this position, about 80% of the work week is spent checking in on individual accounts, writing purchase orders (PO's), and fulfilling POs through direct product deliveries; the remaining 20% is spent on building new accounts and participating in marketing events
A wide variety of working conditions should be expected, therefore, versatility, flexibility and innate problem solving should be in your toolbox!
Driving for long periods of time
Walking, standing, and sitting for long periods of time
Must be able to: lift and carry up to 40 lbs, push and pull wheeled loads up to 1,000 lbs. with a pallet jack, operate forklift
Company Resources Provided:
Company gas card
Company owned tablet for sales
Benefits (begin after a 3-month probationary period):
Medical and Dental Insurance
1 week of paid vacation
Competitive salary in the field, plus commission on base monthly sales!
Stock options after a 6-month review
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hawaiian Ola is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we adhere to federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Hawaiian Ola also recognizes that it is also illegal to discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Education & Experience Requirements:
High School graduate
Business Management degree is a plus
Minimum of 2 years previous distribution and/or sales experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requirements:
Outgoing and personable
Strong interpersonal skills
Acute attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage workflow
Hardworking team player
Commitment to excellence and high standards
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Work courteously and tactfully with customers and associates
Excellent record-keeping skills
Basic math skills
Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities and environments with enthusiasm
Know and understand company's organization, operations, policies and objectives
Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels
Ability to operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records and generate reports
Acquire detailed product knowledge and applications