O'ahu Brand Ambassador
Aloha e kakou! We are seeking a brand ambassador/demo specialist to support sales and outreach programs. Be part of something exciting: locally made, sustainable products that promote responsible organic farming.
About The Job
We're looking for an outgoing, energetic person with great organizational, social, and communication skills who can express genuine excitement and passion to new and potential customers.
This person will help with two key areas of our business:
- In store demos - these take place at our retail partners and involve ensuring ample product is on hand, setting up and executing the demo, engaging with customers to tell our story, and providing regular reports/updates for the rest of the team.
- Promotional events (i.e. events, festivals, etc) - serve as support staff for various events in which the company is a partner/sponsor. As you might expect, these events often take place on the weekends.
To be successful in this position, you should be:
Enthusiastic and passionate about our products and able to convey that excitement to others
Sales oriented; able to close the deal
An effective communicator, both verbal (in person) and written (recording customer comments and suggestions)
Driven by an innate desire to provide exceptional customer service in every interaction
Friendly and engaging, helpful and polite, and able to be courteous and tactful in a variety of situations
Detail oriented in order to ensure that all consumer experiences with the brand are positive
Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Proactive and a problem solver
Always on time
Professional both on and off the clock
This job will also require you to be:
Able to learn and articulate the company’s organization, operations, policies and objectives, as well as deep product knowledge
Able to operate a computer to enter data, maintain records and generate reports.
Comfortable with basic math and cashiering skills
Able and willing to observe health and safety regulations
Fluency in Japanese is a plus but not required
Candidates must have own reliable vehicle and be willing to travel around Oahu, as well as a smartphone and access to a computer. We provide training and all necessary supplies.
The hours can be tailored according to your availability, from just 1 demo per week, up to 5 full working days. Hours may also vary based on the needs of the business. Our demos typically take place during the day/early evening, and events are often on weekends (time varies).
Conditions and physical demands
A wide variety of working conditions should be expected, including events, in-store demonstrations, and other diverse settings. This includes indoor and outdoor settings.
- Work involves driving
- Walking, standing, and sitting for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ambassadors will be paid based on independent contractor status (1099). Pay varies according to event type:
In-store demos: flat fee for each demo ($80 for 3-hour demo / $60 for 2-hour demo, plus setup and breakdown)
Promotional events: $20/hr
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hawaiian Ola is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we adhere to federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Hawaiian Ola also recognizes that it is also illegal to discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.